Supervisor - John Haughton
Town Office Phone Number - 315.429.9631
Town Office Fax Number - 315.429.9109
Article 3-A, Title 3, Section 52 Supervisor
The supervisor shall be the chief executive officer of a suburban town and head of the administrative branch of town government. He shall be responsible for the proper administration of town affairs, law enforcement and the maintenance of peace and order in the town. Except as otherwise provided in this article or other applicable law, in addition to the functions, powers and duties of a supervisor as provided by this chapter and other laws of the state, the supervisor shall have the following functions, powers and duties:
1. Appoint, and at pleasure remove, a director of finance who shall assist the supervisor in the preparation of the preliminary budget and the capital budget, if any, and in the administration of other fiscal operations of the town for which the supervisor is responsible.
2. On the basis of estimates submitted to him by departments, agencies and officers of the town, prepare annually the preliminary budget of the town and submit it to the town board and be responsible for administration of the annual budget after adoption by the town board, and be responsible for recommending modifications and transfers between appropriations in such budget during the fiscal year.
3. Where the town board has, by local law, established a capital budget procedure, on the basis of estimates submitted to him by departments, agencies and officers of the town, prepare with the assistance of the planning board, if any, a proposed capital budget and, after adoption of a capital budget by the town board, recommend for action by the board, from time to time when necessary, modifications and transfers between appropriations in such capital budget.
4. Bring removal charges against the appointive head or deputy head of any department of town government for hearing and determination by the town board.
5. Approve the transfer of personnel in and among agencies and departments of the town.
6. Provide for and direct the internal organization and reorganization within individual town departments or agencies where consistent with applicable law, provided, however, that in any event, permissible transfers of functions between departments or agencies shall be subject to approval of the town board.
7. Keep the town board informed generally concerning town affairs and of the financial condition and future needs of the town and make such recommendations as may seem to him desirable.
8. Have and perform the functions, powers and duties necessary for the execution of those functions, powers and duties specifically granted in this article or other applicable law consistent herewith.